Procedures for temporary residence cards for foreigners in Laos
What is temporary residence card?
A temporary residence card, also known as a stay permit card (English is Stay permit card for foreign staff) is a type of document allowing legal temporary residence in Laos issued by the Foreigners Management Police, Ministry of Security of Laos for foreigners with a term of at least 6 months, 1 year and a maximum of 5 years.
Subjects granted temporary residence cards in Laos include: foreigners, stateless people visiting relatives, traveling, working, performing official duties for a definite time and living in Lao PDR – are allowed to issue temporary residence cards.
When being granted a temporary residence card, foreigners must respect and abide by the constitution, laws and regulations, good traditions of the Lao people, cooperate and contribute to maintaining security and order in the social, temporarily staying at the declared location to ensure safety. In addition, foreigners also need to perform other obligations as prescribed by Lao’s law.
Conditions for issuance of a residence card
Foreigners and stateless people coming to work in Lao PDR to be granted temporary residence cards must meet the following conditions:
- Have a passport valid for 6 months or more;
- Have one of the types of spouse visa (SP-B3), official visa (S-A2), visa to visit relatives or other purposes (C-B1), long-term visa (I-B3), student visa (ST-B2), journalist visa (M-B2), specialist visa (E-B2), business investment visa (NI). -B2) and work visa (LA-B2);
- Have an application from the relevant organization or company that has been licensed for domestic or foreign investment or has been granted a franchise license by the Government of the Lao PDR;
- Having others visa as agreed by the Government or no visa under a bilateral agreement between Laos and its partner.
Procedure for applying for a temporary residence card
The inviting or guaranteeing individual, organization or company will carry out the procedures for granting a temporary residence card as follows:
- Original passport valid for 6 months
- 3×4 photo (4 photos)
- Application form
- Company guarantee commitment
- Minutes of commitment of the company
- Photocopy of investment license, concession permit (if any)
- Photocopy of business registration certificate, certificate of completion of tax obligations
Time for processing the application for temporary residence card: from 05 to 07 working days from Monday to Friday (except holidays and New Year) counting from the date of the complete and valid application for temporary residence card.
- Temporary residence card for investors, engineers, workers and experts with a term of 1 year is: 1,200,000 kip/person.
- Temporary residence card for investors, engineers, workers and experts with a period of 6 months is: 600,000 kip/person.
Our service of applying for a new temporary residence card and extending a temporary residence card for foreigners in Laos includes:
- Free consultation on conditions and subjects who can apply for temporary residence cards for foreigners according to Lao regulations.
- Free consultation on issues related to passport type, passport validity… can apply for a temporary residence card.
- Support service in drafting official documents and documents related to making temporary residence cards for foreigners in Laos.
- Consulting services for agencies, organizations and enterprises in the preparation of documents according to regulations to apply for temporary residence cards for workers, investors… or individuals to apply for temporary residence cards for relatives (granting temporary residence cards under the category of spouses, parents are Laos, etc.). We will follow the authorization to submit the application and receive the results of the temporary residence card application at the competent state agency in accordance with the laws of Laos.
If you have demands and need the answer to some questions related to applying for a temporary residence card for foreigners, please contact Hung Heuang’s hotline at +856 20 7868 6666 (+84 0985626934) ) for detailed advice or leave us your information we will contact you shortly.